Here are some tips to keeping your Magic Carpet looking fresh:
Once you've received your Magic Carpet, unroll it immediately and let it relax until it lies completely flat. If it's still curled at the ends after ten minutes, flip it and let it remain white-side up until it is completely flat. Relaxation occurs faster in warmer temperatures. When it's not in use, do not store your Magic Carpet rolled, especially in a place that is not climate-controlled.
Before you place your Magic Carpet in its permanent location, thoroughly sweep up any particles on the floor to avoid scratching your carpet. Your Magic Carpet may form a powerful non-slip static bond with your floor, and should be moved around sparingly.
Your Magic Carpet is durable, but it is designed to feel soft beneath your feet. As a result, the plastic can be permanently imprinted by the legs of furniture. We strongly advise against placing any furniture items on top of your Magic Carpet for any length of time.
Your Magic Carpet is designed for hard, smooth floors, such as tile, hardwoods, polished concrete, terrazzo, or cork. Rougher surfaces (like sisal, brick, pavement, or unpolished concrete) could scratch or damage your Magic Carpet, and softer surfaces (like wall-to-wall carpet or area rugs) may cause it to move around underfoot.
Sweep regularly to prevent particles from scratching or imprinting the plastic. Use a diluted glass cleaner (2 parts water, 1 part cleaner) to wipe the plastic. Brush dust and other particles out of the fringe.
For spills or drops on the plastic:
1. Immediately absorb excess liquid with a towel.
2. Wipe clean with a diluted glass cleaner: 2 parts water, 1 part cleaner.
3. Air dry.
To clean fringe:
1. Brush off loose dirt.
2. Spray on a solution of water and mild soap.
3. Use a soft bristle brush to clean, taking care to avoid pulling apart the knots.
4. Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
5. Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
6. Air dry.
For imprints, cupping, or warping in the plastic:
1. Place your rug on a flat, hard surface.
2. Carefully use a soft cloth soaked in hot water to press the affected area flat.
3. Alternatively, gently heat affected area with a hairdryer on a low setting.
A note on biodegradability:
Like traditional heirloom rugs and textiles made from wool or cotton, your Magic Carpets are biodegradable. This means that under the perfect landfill conditions (high temperature, presence of certain bacterias), the plastic will disappear within 5 years as the landfill bacteria eats through it and turns it into gas which powers the landfill. Without the presence of these special conditions, your Magic Carpet will look great as long as you treat it with care.
For any other questions or concerns, please send us a note.